What A Year!
2014 will go down in the history books of Pangaea. It started with the biggest and best guide training class I ever taught! Thanks to Mike N., Mike D., Dagney, Liv, Bret, Kyle, Kacie, Amber, Dorian and special guest Alan for the amazing effort and the good times.
June was the slowest June we’ve ever had as cold temps and wet days kept the phones silent. But July and August were at near record numbers for Pangaea. THANK YOU!
July and August also brought more guides to Pangaea, which means more shenanigans, more adventures and more hilarity than the law ever would allow (even in Montana!). The highlights include……..
- Gus ripping the horn off the cow during Superior’s Wild Cow Milking contest
- The 2nd Annual Pangaea Prom: the dresses, the music, special appearance by Gandalf, the Jungle Juice, the other raft companies and side splitting laughter!
- Fireworks in St. Regis – truly dangerous and truly something you don’t want to miss out on (but leave the children at home)
- Hosting Gonzaga University Outdoor Program and Guide Training – special thanks to Dave Gilbert!
- Camping on the Blackfoot River during Guide Training!
- James Tyson – the social TORPEDO!
- DADDY… enough said.
- Joe crying
The Spokane River Crew – Steve, Dorian, Liv, Lysh, Bret, Greg and Connor!
Last Weekend Of Rafting
Sunday, September 14, 2014 marks the last “official” day of Pangaea’s 2014 season.
Got an itch to raft. Scratch it now or wait till next year!
Just For Fun – David’s Commando Course
2014 also marks a year of health for me personally. After 3 years of chronic health issues, zero energy and debilitating brain fog, I finally got it back together. One day, I’ll write a post about my strategies and exercises I used to get back everything I lost. But for now, I’ll share one thing I used this summer to stay fit and have fun.
Got A Favorite Memory From The Summer? Share It Here!
Let me hear from you! I don’t get out on the water as much as I used to, so I miss some of the best parts of rafting. Whether you rafted the Spokane or Clark Fork River, send me a quick highlight from your summer in the comments down below.